DisneyScrappers

Let’s talk about another park icon today! Animal Kingdom’s enormous Tree of Life.

Photo by Tom Bricker

The “tree” is 145 feet tall, and it’s body is made up of Oil derricks! There are 400 animal carvings in the tree and its base is home to the attraction “It’s Tough to Be a Bug”. It has 45 secondary branches and more than 700 tertiary branches…. Nearly 8,000 branch-ends come off the tree and it hosts 102,583 man-made leaves!

Photo from WDWInfo.com

Check out Casey’s fun page on the Tree of Life:

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the Tree of Life with all the carvings and seeing it lit up this year, it was so pretty and the films projected on to it were fun too

I love the Tree of Life and could spend hours looking at it finding all the different carvings on it! It's even cooler now all lit up and the projections are amazing!

youve got to love the tree of life. Last time I went they were replacing all of the old leaves with the kind they use now for night time  stuff. I am looking forward to seeing it at night

The ToL is most definitely in my list of things to take time to appreciate on one of my AK days. I plan to spend some quality time at AK.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service