DisneyScrappers

A VERY important letter to you from the Disney Scrappers administrators:

***UPDATE BELOW IN BLUE***********

"Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! You’re as welcome as can be!..."

I don’t know how any true Disney fan can’t get happy when they hear those lyrics to the Mickey Mouse Club March!

Whether you are a brandy-brand new member just joining us, or a longtime Disney scrappin’, magic lovin’, memory makin’ mouseketeer, we are so glad you’re here and we welcome you to join in the happiness right along with us as we celebrate another day of our “International Scrapbook Day Week-Long Crop Party”!

As we approach our seventh year here at Disney Scrappers, we look back at all of the changes to the site, and have enjoyed being able to offer so much content to you, our dearest friends and fellow scrappers!

As many of you know, the platform that we have always used for this site is a Ning platform.  This platform was launched by the company Mode Media in 2005 as a way for people and organizations to create custom social networks, and gives those groups the ability to create a community website with a customized appearance and feel; and features such as photos, videos, forums and blogs.

Unfortunately, starting June 2017, Mode Media and Ning will no longer be offering these services for free.  We have been informed that all of the content that everyone has enjoyed for all these years here at Disney Scrappers, including the entire gallery of everyone’s shared photos and scrapbook pages, will be gone.  Thousands of images that you and I have spent countless hours uploading and sharing will simply cease to exist.  We can’t begin to express how much this saddens us, as it greatly affects everyone that has come to love this site as much as we do.

The solution that Mode Media and Ning have offered us is to upgrade to a more advanced Ning platform.  By upgrading to this platform, the gallery and all of its content, as well as all of our forums, will continue to be available.

This innovative new platform, called Ning 2 Plus, will also allow us the freedom to offer greater content to all of you, our users, including a chat box, greater personalization for individuals, and room to add potentially thousands of new members looking for a Disney-specific online scrapbooking place to call home.  We will be able to customizing everything along the way, based on your feedback, to make Disney Scrappers a better experience for everyone!

Of course this comes at a cost in the form of an access fee that we, the administrators, are planning to absorb.  We do NOT want to pass these costs onto you, as we think you’ll agree with our stance that no one, and we mean NO ONE, should have to pay for something that used to be available to them for free, so we will continue to offer standard tier content that includes a monthly challenge, as well as access to some of the forums and gallery at no cost.

In addition to this standard tier content that we hope to continue to provide, and to aid us in offsetting the future cost of continuing to operate the site via the new Ning platform, we are excited to offer the new Disney Scrappers “White Glove” tier. This new membership program will be offered beginning June 1, and will give users access to so much more than we were ever able to offer before here at Disney Scrappers! For a yearly membership fee of $20 via PayPal, you will receive “club level” perks such as: members-only access to exclusive cut files, multiple monthly challenges, inspiration boards, exclusive sketches, access to tutorials and techniques, and entry into drawings for prizes that may include gift certificates to your favorite online scrapbooking stores!

PAYPAL ACCOUNT: DisneyScrappers17@gmail.com

*Your $20 membership fee will pay for the year beginning June 1st 2017 thru May 31st 2018  - this membership will be offered from now thru November 30th 2017

*If you join between December 1st 2017 and May 1st 2018, the fee is $10 and will be for membership from time of payment thru May 31st 2017.

Our goal is to be able to afford the initial cost to upgrade to the new Ning site, and we are hoping to reach this goal by the end of June. If we are not able to gain enough new members through the new “White Glove” membership program, then we will be refunding every single cent back to our members and we will no longer be able to maintain the Disney Scrappers site.

****UPDATE**********

With all of your support we have upgraded a month early and we are paid for the full year. We are continuing to add members to the white glove level as memberships are paid.

***When you pay your $20 fee, please send me a friend request so that I can then send you an email invite to the White Glove Level

We are confident that with your continued support, we will be able to create a bigger and better Disney Scrappers for all of you to enjoy for years to come!

Much love and magical wishes,

The Disney Scrappers Team

Tami, Susan, Laurie & Nancy

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cris - yes I got yours :)

I am going to make a thread with a list of the White Glove Level Members so far just to be certain we have everyone listed properly. A couple of husbands have paid with their own names but I think I have everyone down properly.

I just sent in my $20 :)
It will come from a different email (and last name) than I use here. I added a note mentioning that.

Happy to hear that enough of us have joined up to keep DS going!  While I haven't been around for awhile, I hope to get back with some Disney pages!  Hello to old friends....and new ones as well!

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone - if you are paying for your membership, please send me a friend request on the group and that will allow me to send you the invite to the White Glove Level

***************************************************************************************************************

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service