DisneyScrappers

So often I see comments where someone says,

"I've GOT to try stitching on my layouts!"

Well, now is your chance!

Just give it a try. It's alot easier than you think. It doesn't have to be complicated or perfect. 

You can try using a sewing machine or even try hand stitching.

Give it a go!

Save

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok to me I have to do some hand stitching because of this challenge. But the hard challenge for me is to NOT stitch on a layout.

**********************************************************************************

Here is a link to my scrappy stitching inspiration board on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/sstringfellow/inspiration-stitching/

and this is one I did awhile back - just hearts but alot of impact

I have been doing a lot of machine stitching on my layouts lately too, so I think I'm going to try some hand stitching. It's been awhile since I've done embroidery or cross-stitching, so this should be fun! Great idea, Laurie!

I say this all the time, so I'm definitely going to give this one a go!

I always have to machine stitch, but I'm with Susan and Tanay and I'm going to try some hand stitching. I may even break out my old hand stitching template thingy! ;-D

Lol Tami - I have one of those too! I also have a small machine that I got int he Xmas sales last year that hasn't been out of its box yet! I'm a bit frightened of it to be honest!

Tami - Disneyland Diva said:

I always have to machine stitch, but I'm with Susan and Tanay and I'm going to try some hand stitching. I may even break out my old hand stitching template thingy! ;-D

I think mine was by We R Memory Keepers? It had the poker tool, templates, and the thick foamy thing. I have it safely stored in a cupboard, so it's definitely coming out this week.  

Natalie Gibbons said:

Lol Tami - I have one of those too! I also have a small machine that I got int he Xmas sales last year that hasn't been out of its box yet! I'm a bit frightened of it to be honest!

Tami - Disneyland Diva said:

Here we go - it took forever and it's not exactly the most creative stitching in the world - lol - but I did use a needle and some thread....

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/cronuts-and-ice-cream-challen...
Yes, I almost always have machine stitching on my layouts too. But hand stitching is something I should do more often.

Here is mine

So why is it that as I'm finally able to work on my sample for this challenge, my sewing machine decides it's gonna go all wonky on me?

I always use my sewing machine on my pages, so I decided to try something different for this challenge by adding little cross stitches. I love how the hand-stitching looks, so I need to try to remember to do it more often! Thanks for looking! 

Love the page, Nancy! The stitching looks great.

I use my machine a lot too, so I did some hand stitching for this challenge:

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/challenge-7-nsd-2017-soarin?c...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service