DisneyScrappers

For this Challenge I created a Mickey Word Art image to use as a cut file using your Silhouette or other cutting system that allows you to use a .jpg  image.

Create a page using this image by cutting or drawing it using your die cutting machine.

***If you would like to have this .jpg for your use, just leave a message in this thread and I will send you the large .jpg image as a private message. This is an exclusive image for Disney Scrappers members.

Once you have completed your layout, post it in our gallery with Challenge #10 next to your title, then come back here and share a link or image of your page.

For my example I have cut the image from white cardstock and then put patterned paper behind the words to highlight them.

*My tip for cutting out these papers to fit behind a specific word is to turn over the cardstock, trace the top and bottom of the word onto the BACK of the patterned paper you choose, and then cut around the shape about 1/4" so that you have room to adhere it behind the opening. It really does go fast except for choosing which papers to use. I found that mostly one color papers make it easiest to read.

**my second tip is to not try to cut this image small on your layout. Any smaller than I have cut, and you will encounter problems with some of the words.

Janeen had another take on this word art. She decided to watercolor her background and then use her Silhouette pens to draw the image. Isn't it amazing!!! I have yet to do it but I am totally going to try. She said you must be certain the watercolor is completely dry first. She had a spot bleed but it got covered up by her photo.

I think you could use a photo of the castle at night with fireworks on this exact page.

Save

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my layout with the cut file - I really enjoyed doing this challenge, and it pushed me to get using my Silhouette! I have done a ton of cutting this week as a result!

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/challenge-10-nsd-2017-60-year...

Can I get this file?

Susan

Sorry I am late to the party but I love the pages and cut file. Could you send me the cut file so I can try my hand at making a page as nice as these examples?

I posted a page using this file and forgot to link it up here! I loved this cut file and I still have all the words to use on other layouts as well!

Thank you to all those who have commented so far - I love reading your comments x

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/driving-up?context=latest
Natalie, thank you for posting the link to your video!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service