DisneyScrappers

Since the dining plan has changed so much with the new pricing and options, I thought I would make an individual thread. We can add menu updates when they start happening.

2018 Disney Dining Plans and Updated Prices

Quick Service Dining Plan

Entitlements for the 2018 Quick Service Dining Plan include the following for each guest (ages 3 and over) per night of your package stay:

• Two Quick Service Meals (includes one entree and a beverage)
  • NEW FOR 2018: Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) with their meal entitlement.
  • Two Snacks
  • One Refillable Resort Mug

2018 PRICE Per Night: $52.49/adult (an increase from $48.19 in 2017), $21.75/child age 3-9

Standard Dining Plan

Entitlements for the 2018 Standard Dining Plan include the following for each guest (ages 3 and over) per night of your package stay:

• One Table Service Meal (includes one entree, one beverage, and one dessert OR one full buffet)
  • One Quick Service Meal (includes one entree and one beverage)
  • NEW FOR 2018: Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage with their Quick Service and Table Service meal (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) within their meal entitlement.
  • Two Snacks

2018 PRICE Per Night: $75.49/adult (an increase from $69.35 in 2017), $25.80/child age 3-9

Deluxe Dining Plan

Entitlements for the 2018 Deluxe Dining Plan include the following for each guest (ages 3 and over) per night of your package stay:

• Three Meals (redeemable interchangeably at Quick Service or Table Service locations)
  • NEW FOR 2018: Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage with their Quick Service and Table Service meal (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) within their meal entitlement.
  • Two Snacks

2018 PRICE Per Night: $116.24/adult (an increase from $106.68 in 2017), $39.90/child age 3-9

Changes to the Plan for 2018

Well, well, well… the rumors are true! In case you didn’t notice above ;-D, guests selecting a 2018 Disney Dining Plan may now order one specialty beverage per meal. Guests 21-and-over may order one specialty alcoholic beverage or specialty non-alcoholic beverage and guests of any age may order one specialty non-alcoholic beverage.

This applies to meals at both Quick Service and Table Service locations.

Specialty non-alcoholic beverages may include:
Artisanal Milkshakes
Fresh Smoothies
Premium Hot Chocolate
Soda, Coffee, or tea

Specialty alcoholic beverages may include:

Beer or Cider
Wine or Sangria
Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So.... based on this many people will be asking " ooooo, does that include the PB&J milkshake at 50s prime time?" or does that include a LAPU LAPU at the Polynesian!?!?!" and I am fairly sure that last one is a big NO. So you know how the menus have that DP icon where the items are that qualify for the snack credit, there will probably be a new icon for the special beverage options and size may be a determining factor. As menus are updated, I will try to add links so we can see what is included.

For me, we will always do the dining plan and an extra $6 over last year to include the specialty beverages is totally worth it! however this is alot of treats! I need to get on my treadmill now. LOL!

LOL...TREATS!!!

We will also always do the dining.  We like knowing the only money we need to bring is for souvenirs.  Last year we rented a house and didn't have dining and the uncertainty of meals messed with our budget.  I don't like that feeling.

I'll be working on my meals spreadsheet this weekend.  It takes me a while to get it the way I want lol.  We have a lot of places we want to try this time.  We normally have our musts, but are trying to branch out to NEW!!!

The last two times we went, I priced out meals to buy based on menus and such, and compared it to the dining plan, and we saved money not getting the dining plan. But...now that specialty beverages are included, that might change things, especially now that I've seen all the treats and such that everyone recommends! Plus, there are a lot more table service places that we want to try. Cinderella's Royal Table was a bit of a disappointment, so likely won't do that again - which means two meals at Be Our Guest, maybe? ;)

Tanya.  I think because my husband wants steak everywhere he can get it, it makes it worthwhile for us.  I can see it going both ways.

Last year we didn't have it and we ate cheaply and he was Grumpy and we still went over budget.  We skipped meals too.  This year we are doing LeCellier and we know that is 2 credits.

Even though we don't stay on property I have still compared our meals with and without the dining plan and typically we always end up way ahead without it. This past trip in March though we probably would of been way better off with dining plan since we ate at so many character meals!
I do like the appeal of having your meals essentially prepaid so you are free to order whatever you want though. And it will be interesting to see the updated menus to see what specific speciality drinks will be an option assuming they all aren't.

it really depends on what you eat. We cant possibly do what we want to do without the meal plan.

We aren't burger eaters or anything like that so by the time you eat at the places like BOG for dinner, and something like BOG lunch. you have maxed it out.

Need quick service suggestions on the Dining Plan! My friend suggested Captain Cook's Polynesian Village so I have that one. We always do Pecos Bill lol. Just need a couple more ideas. I also have room for 2 more table restaurants.

ok so at the parks, my counter svc faves are

MK - BOG lunch  - here is a review, scroll down to see the food on the table. The braised pork is easily the best counter svc meal. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/04/06/review-lunch-at-be-our-gue...

MK - 2nd there is a half chicken at Cosmic Rays that is very good and Lobster club or something like that at the place in liberty square - Go to menus and look for that liberty square place and look at the menu. It has shrimp and stuff. Very good.

EP - too many to count but I am a fish and chips fan so thats good and I really like the place in japan. You have tons of options there.

DHS - this one is tricky. I haven't been to Rizzos and I am probably going to go there next time because I just want to see it. Thats pizza. The best is Fairfax Faire - get the chicken and ribs. Both are very good and you do not have to force yourself to eat all of it. Dh will not leave anything behind but don't make yourself ill eating too much. I hear their salad is good too.

AK - one word Flame Tree. Ok 2 but you get it. I love the ribs so that is my pick. They have several good options but I hear there are different ribs now over in Harambe so that would be worth a try

see - this is why we must have the meal plan. We don't do burgers or hot dogs. check this Fairfax faire photo of my lunch. Do the meal plan right and you will have fantastic meals but you will not lose weight no matter how much you walk. LOL! - by the way those beans have like shredded meat in them too sooo good and I don't like baked beans.

and I just have to show you my BOG lunch. I mean its not as amazing as dinner but its pretty amazing. I got the french onion soup to share too and wow. LOL! that chocolate cupcake is perrys - no i didn't eat two even though it was my bday. We probably split them both

Table - I want to do skipper canteen and if they get around to opening a haunted mansion restaurant, it will be on top of my list. We loved Ohana dinner and also the character breakfast. Those were new to us and now they are both must do meals. Makes it hard to try new things. We love Crystal palace for our last breakfast. BOG dinner is a must for us. We also did the Coral Reef last time and it was very nice but some rotten kids at the next table kind of ruined the experience. The food and drinks were great and so was the view. Ask to wait for a table by the fish. If you want photos I can share.

oh and if you haven't eaten at the biergarten and you need an experience meal, that one is so fun. Its german food though. You can hurt your tummy eating too much there, my guys have over done the sausage a couple of times.

When looking for these meals, look at menus, and then when you see something you might want to eat, google it and look at the images. It really helps

We have done Ohana, and the breakfast.  We love Crystal Palace, but may skip it this time to try something new.  LOL  We haven't done the other ones you mentioned.

be sure to youtube the table service meals. And if you are considering a certain meal of any kind, another trick is to google and type, disney food blog and then the name of the place and you will probably get a full review with photos of the restaurant and foods.  Go to Disney food blog and sign up for the daily emails and subscribe to their channel on youtube. Its just fun and informative.  Another one is Disney Dining news. Very good emails to get

I never thought of youtube! We'll have to play around with that one evening!  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service