DisneyScrappers

Lets keep that ball rolling from INSD cropping. We all had so much fun getting pages in our books. I think we should keep going. This is the spot to set goals, be accountable and chat about what we are working on.

The idea of a Layout a Day is very intimidating and realistically I think we all would be thrilled with just getting as many pages finished as possible. Maybe your goal is 3 a week or maybe the goal is to come in your scraproom every weekend to scrap or every week day. For me sometimes that means getting a little bit done on my page each day til its finished.

***Sidenote - if you want to hang out and play along but you will be working on disney and also non disney - thats fine. Just post it in your blog or instagram or wherever, and then come back here and share a link to your page in the thread so we can all see it.

Please join us and lets see how many pages we can finish!
Who's in?

Views: 818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done Casey! I just finished my page as well. I am thinking I need to work on drawing a couple more sketches instead of starting another page.

My goal is at least 3 layouts a week. One layout a day isn't realistic for me because I'm a really slow scrapper. I like to leave a layout on my desk overnight before I commit to gluing & taping everything in place. In the past I've come up with other ideas after I glued & taped everything down and I regretted it. This process works for me even though I don't get as many layouts completed, but at least I'm not regretting anything. I'll be working on Danica's high school album for the next 13 months. I may throw in a Disney layout occasionally just to shake things up. Right now I feel like I'm on a roll with her album so I don't want to throw off my momentum by doing a Disney layout. 

I finished this one today using Simple Stories Emoji Love.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMy-8MjZgT/?taken-by=scrappybethb625&a...

That's a great plan, Beth!
That's a great idea Beth! Danica is going to love her book once it is complete. The pages you have done so far are awesome.

For now, I will be happy with whatever I get completed. :)  But starting the week of Memorial Day, I am going to try for 7 layouts a week. I am off on summer break starting then so I have my summer to scrap, scrap, scrap....I do have a few weeks in there that I won't get as much done but I am hoping to make a huge dent in my stack of 2012 pictures this summer. I have a few more ideas for challenges from NSD and Susan's sketch, but then I am going to take a break from Disney and work on some non-Disney pages. My goal to finish some non-Disney pages each month halted in March so I want to catch up to at least June's pictures before I do more layouts. For me, it's a balance and I still do like to capture my other non-Disney memories as well. :)

Now that is a challenge, Janeen! I am looking forward to seeing them.

Good luck Janeen!! Can't wait to see your layouts!!

Last night I completed my goal of 2 layouts for this week! I might even be an overachiever tonight and get a couple nondisney layouts done from my Halloween album.
Go Casey!

Janeen - that is quite a challenge! I wish you the best of scrappy luck!

here is a page that I am not putting in the gallery because I am not fond of it. Its in the album and that's what matters. Alot of the rest of the pages for my 02 albums will be just fast pages. The pages I didn't really want to do.

Also I found an image online for the Earful Tower, it was clip art and I didn't want to have a problem with copyright so I changed it a bit before cutting. I thought if I just showed it here, its less likely to be a problem. :)

Love the page, Susan! MGM/HS is hard to scrap because it has such a variety of themes, and is a tad dull when you first get in the park. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it doesn't inspire me like the other park entrances do!

That Ear Tower is great! I have this paper too - never thought of using it for HS, but it matches very well!

Yeah, its a pretty boring park with only a couple of rides. I am so glad StarWars land and Toy Story land will fix that. Might take some people out of MK :)They could use a character spot or something at the front of the park to keep people around.

Yesterday I finished a layout. Haven't taken a photo yet, but it was nice to finish a page. It was 2 topiary photos from MGM in 02. I am going to try to use photoshop to get a few sketches made. I have them drawn, just have to make them digital. Then maybe I can do another layout.  This LOAD thing is working pretty well this week.

yay, got a sketch and example done. Its kind of a lame example with old old paper but it's done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service