DisneyScrappers

Lets keep that ball rolling from INSD cropping. We all had so much fun getting pages in our books. I think we should keep going. This is the spot to set goals, be accountable and chat about what we are working on.

The idea of a Layout a Day is very intimidating and realistically I think we all would be thrilled with just getting as many pages finished as possible. Maybe your goal is 3 a week or maybe the goal is to come in your scraproom every weekend to scrap or every week day. For me sometimes that means getting a little bit done on my page each day til its finished.

***Sidenote - if you want to hang out and play along but you will be working on disney and also non disney - thats fine. Just post it in your blog or instagram or wherever, and then come back here and share a link to your page in the thread so we can all see it.

Please join us and lets see how many pages we can finish!
Who's in?

Views: 812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok last year  in the LOAD challenge I think I got like 40 pages done in effort to finish my 2002 trip. I thought I was almost finished and then I found a bunch more photos and realized that I have negatives that I need to have printed. So now I would like to get back to that goal. I want to try to get that trip finished.

I am setting my goal kind of high. I would like to finish 5 layouts a week.  I am not going to be happy if they are rushed pages, but they are not going to be the kind of layout where I spend 3 days on them either. I would like to go a bit simple and clean lines and just get that trip finished.

I have been keeping track since starting last June, as it keeps me motivated! I like these threads and the motivating non-pressure! :)

Alright I'm going to join the LOAD challenge but set my goal low at 2 layouts a week. Once we get moved and settled i will probably end up bumping it up to 3-4 layouts a week.
I plan to mix it with some Disney layouts and some layouts of Sebastian.

Oh good! Glad you guys are going to play!

So today I am actually working on a layout this morning that I started last night. Brett arrived from CO at 2:30 am so he is still sleeping and I should be going to the grocery store but he parked behind me. So you know, I have to scrap. LOL!

I'm with Casey - a lower target for me at this stage. I'm aiming for 2-3 layouts a week from my 2016 trip. I'm also going to attempt to one video a fortnight as well. I'd really like to get the album(s) finished by the end of the year, but I go back to work in November and then I will do December Daily again, so that may be reaching. But we'll see how I go.

NICE! I am loving your videos!

So yesterday I did not get my page done. Having Brett home is nice but we keep chatting and its messing with my scrapping. I will finish it today and I HAVE to get a sketch done for my sketch girls because it's already the 16th and I totally forgot about the june sketches.

There is no way I could ever do a layout every day! Even if I had time, I scrap way too slow. But I would like to set a goal of 3 layouts per week. It would be a mix of pocket pages and full size as my albums have a little of each.

I had started a pocket page for the NSD challenge but never finished it... maybe I can get that one done tonight? I've decided that each trip in my Disney albums will start out with a pocket page that has general info (like the trip dates, where we stayed, who went, etc.)... But I got a little stuck on it because I couldn't decide what to include on it and what to save for other layouts. My downfall with scrapping is thinking way too much about things.

Valerie, I did something similar in my 2015 album. Each day starts with a two page spread giving the highlights and little tidbits of stories that really don't require a 12x12 layout. I used the photos that again didn't need a full page dedicated to them. For some reason, these are not in the gallery. I'll take some photos and get them posted so you can see how I did them.

I used to overthink as well, now I just get on. Who cares if I scrap the same photo twice? Who cares if I don't include every little moment of our trips? So long as I am enjoying the process, I'm a happy girl :o)

Valerie S. said:

There is no way I could ever do a layout every day! Even if I had time, I scrap way too slow. But I would like to set a goal of 3 layouts per week. It would be a mix of pocket pages and full size as my albums have a little of each.

I had started a pocket page for the NSD challenge but never finished it... maybe I can get that one done tonight? I've decided that each trip in my Disney albums will start out with a pocket page that has general info (like the trip dates, where we stayed, who went, etc.)... But I got a little stuck on it because I couldn't decide what to include on it and what to save for other layouts. My downfall with scrapping is thinking way too much about things.

Valerie - that is what Kristin does now with the mix of pages. I have thought about doing that in my 2005 album just to get it finished, but I struggle with the configuration of photos on each side of a pocket page and it not suiting my photos. I do exactly what you do and I spend too much time thinking about it.

I may move that pocket page sketch challenge to the challenge section of the forum because I may want to refer to those little card sketches later. We may have more pocket page sketches down the road.

Natalie - I would like to see those, it sounds really cool. Also that is the best way to look at it. We all need to think like that.

I got the June sketch made and I am trying to find something dimensional for my layout that I am working on. The entrance to DHS, well it was MGM then. Its just not something that has obviously interesting embellishment. I found a clip art image of the "earful tower" and I didn't want to copy it exactly but I changed it a bit and made it into a cut file. Its cute but the whole page is a bit flat.

Here's my first layout for the week - one down, two to go!

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/it-all-started-with-a-mouse-1...

NICE! I finished one yesterday and I am in the middle of one for today. I will take a photo of yesterdays layout soon, but the one I am doing today is for the june sketch so no photo for awhile.

Yay I'm halfway done with my goal for this week!

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/meeting-anna

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service