disneyscrappers

HAPPY MAY!!!

It's a beautiful day and we are ready to scrap, right???

Welcome to all the new members. This is the spot where we just chat because we do not have a chat box...yet! hopefully soon we will.  Stop in and say hello

Ok who is planning a trip this month?

Who's ready for International Scrapbook week????

Views: 939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great, I have two qon 2uestions:

1) I didn't really mat my photos in the last scrapbook, but I want to for this Disney xmas album. I like a very thin mat. Last time, I hand cut 4x6 mat and it was a sloppy nightmare. Is there a shape in a downloaded cricut cut or physical cartridge that will cut this mat for me? I have a 4 year old cricut expression 2, so I cannot download SVG files.

2) I want to buy some of the 12x12 panorama fold out page protectors that either have 3 12x12 pages in the fold or a 12x12 with the gate style open but want to ensure first that these things really save space and room and don't actually bulk up an album....I would be putting maybe 3 of these in the album total. Have you used these? I so wish there was a 12x12 the folded out a 12x12 of 4 4x6 photo sleeves and then the back side was a 12x12 again....that would be the dream! Lol.

susan stringfellow said:

you can ask here or in the scrapbooking section. We chat here alot so its a good spot for any questions you want quick answers for. But if its something you think other people might like to refer to and it would make a good discussion, put it in scrapbooking. We are pretty casual here :)

Got my goody bag today!! Sebastian has laid claim to the jelly beans and the Haunted Mansion antenna ball lol. Thanks again for all the wonderful goodies!!
Attachments:

Casey, those photos with your son and the goodie bag are adorable!

I just finished and posted to the gallery a 2 page layout I started on Friday.   Right now I'm struggling with paper choices for my next group of photos.  Getting started on a new page is always challenging for me.  

Sarah, you may be able to follow the end of the parade up to the castle for fireworks viewing. It's worth a shot.

Julia, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandad. It's a difficult situation to decide just what to do in a case like that for you and your mom. I hope you are able to figure out what's best for all involved.

So many cute bags! I used to take bags in with me but now I just carry my small purse with the long strap. If I need anything that would go in a larger purse or tote I just put it in a locker.

I had a long day at work, didn't eat much, and I came home not feeling well at all. I was super stressed and then realized the event that was making me super stresssed wasn't until next Thursday night. By that time the stress had taken its toll and I have felt really super bad all evening. I was thankful my husband came home from work just after me, that's how horrible I felt. It's leveled off to mostly a stomach ache at this point. I'm going to try to manage a light dinner and go to bed.

oh that sounds so tricky, Sarah! Is there alot of construction in front of the castle? why would it be hard to be on that side? Is it seriously that crowded all the time? Someone told me that with DL, watching from many locations is tricky because of trees. I never thought of that. I need to go back and see where I was for fireworks. I know I was in tomorrowland once and it was too crowded to move and something crazy was going on where they had you totally roped in. I got some cool photos of the astro orbiter but it was not a good location to watch from. We just couldn't move. It was very odd. And it was a weekday in February!

First I know those page protectors and I have no idea where to get them. I would totally like to get some too. I had like 3 for some reason and I need more. I will see if I can find out who made that thing.

About matting photos. I mat every photo in white now. It has made a world of difference in my pages and I wish I could go back and pull off all my unmatted photos and mat them. I can't do it without using my cutter, I have a fiskars trimmer and it works, but I prefer to use my guillotine style cutter for all cutting.  I don't know enough about the cricut to know what to tell you. I have a silhouette.

awww - Casey that is just too cute!

Tami - I am so sorry to hear you were feeling so terrible! I hope you can relax before the event happens so that stress doesn't take over again.

I am hoping to work on sketches today.

Susan, the hub in DL has trees all around and unless you are standing in front center of the castle, or just to the right or left of the castle in-between the castle and the hub it is very hard to see with the trees. People line up for good spots 2+ hours before. Now normally, with other fireworks shows, you can get a great spot on the rivers of America, near small world, by the Matterhorn, etc. But, with "Remember.... " there are tons of special effects that appear on the castle and Matterhorn to the direct right of the castle that are missed if you are not in this preferred viewing area. Since my husband. kids and best friend are viewing it for the first time, I want them to see it in the best spot so it adds to my dilemma. LOL. We decided to just see it the last night.

susan stringfellow said:

oh that sounds so tricky, Sarah! Is there alot of construction in front of the castle? why would it be hard to be on that side? Is it seriously that crowded all the time? Someone told me that with DL, watching from many locations is tricky because of trees. I never thought of that. I need to go back and see where I was for fireworks. I know I was in tomorrowland once and it was too crowded to move and something crazy was going on where they had you totally roped in. I got some cool photos of the astro orbiter but it was not a good location to watch from. We just couldn't move. It was very odd. And it was a weekday in February!

First I know those page protectors and I have no idea where to get them. I would totally like to get some too. I had like 3 for some reason and I need more. I will see if I can find out who made that thing.

About matting photos. I mat every photo in white now. It has made a world of difference in my pages and I wish I could go back and pull off all my unmatted photos and mat them. I can't do it without using my cutter, I have a fiskars trimmer and it works, but I prefer to use my guillotine style cutter for all cutting.  I don't know enough about the cricut to know what to tell you. I have a silhouette.

Attachments:

I am totally with you guys on the Disney VB. I had the black VB Mickey head crossbody but that was the purse the guy stole and when I finally got it back the strap was gone! Grrr...I am going to try to replace it this summer but I don't even know if they still have it. Funny thing...Vera Bradley was started and is still headquartered here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and I joke that I have to go to Disney to buy my Vera. LOL!

I love to mat my photos too but I usually do black and my secret is that I use the bold Slick Writer by American Crafts. Most of my mats are drawn on my photos with that pen. It's just one less layer for me. :)

ok that is the difference. I went in Feb the last two times when it wasn't as leafy. Gorgeous photos.

Janeen - we have a VB outlet a mile away but no disney of course. I have a huge tote type bag and small pouch thing for it and I got an amazing deal on them. I think I paid like $30 for both when they were in the clearance section. I used them for my current crochet project. I love being able to lean on it because its so soft so I would like that for disney if the colors weren't so bad.

LOVE that black mat trick, Janeen! I used to do something like that I would run the edge of the photo along a Stazon black ink pad to just ink the side of the photo. It gives it a bit of depth on the page. Haven't done that since I started matting in white.

that is interesting...do you have a picture example Janeen...I wonder if I would have a steady enough hand to do it...?

Beuchel said:

I am totally with you guys on the Disney VB. I had the black VB Mickey head crossbody but that was the purse the guy stole and when I finally got it back the strap was gone! Grrr...I am going to try to replace it this summer but I don't even know if they still have it. Funny thing...Vera Bradley was started and is still headquartered here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and I joke that I have to go to Disney to buy my Vera. LOL!

I love to mat my photos too but I usually do black and my secret is that I use the bold Slick Writer by American Crafts. Most of my mats are drawn on my photos with that pen. It's just one less layer for me. :)

Sarah, I don't currently have one but I am scrapping today so I can snap one. I do it on almost every page.  As for steadiness, I use a scrap piece of paper underneath and let the edge of the photo guide my marker. It's so thick that I end up with about half on the paper and half on the photo and I usually get a good straight line. 

I'm planning on nothing but scrapping and laundry all day today. I have a half finished layout from NSD to finish and then I want to get at least one more done today too. :)

Bur first up is cleaning up my desk so I have room to work and putting away my goodies from last weekend. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. We are limited to 150 members by the terms of the Ning social networking platform selected for this group. As a result, we reserve the right to remove inactive members in order to keep space available for possible new members who would like to participate on a regular basis. We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service