DisneyScrappers

I know this won't use up any product really but we tend to forget about all of the tools in our stash. Out of sight, out of mind. So this month try to play along with this one at least once to justify buying all those fun toys. :)

Create a Layout using at least 2 of the following "tools" from your stash:

Silhouette or Cricut

Cricut Cartridges

Eyelet tool

Embossing Folders

Border Punches

Stencils

Stamps

Heat Embossing

Mickey scissors from the parks ;)

Decorative edge scissors

sewing machine or hand stitching

Fringe Scissors

Additional Challenge - Add Washi Tape to your layout. Not a tool but we NEED to use that stuff.

I don't have an example for you right now but I will have one soon.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's my first page for the challenge...I am loving the challenge to think outside the box and use tools I normally don't.

I used the PicScan mat for my Silhouette to cut out the banner pieces out of a piece of patterned paper with lots of color blocks. I used a border punch at the top of the layout. I pulled out my embossing folders and embossed vellum, and my sewing machine. :)

Attachments:

I used my Silhouette and it made me ANGRY. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the foil paper and it pissed me off LOL

I used the settings for the media, I set it to double cut. It was a MESS.

I haven't used the sucker in years so that's part of the issue. I need to change blades probably.

Most of the time if mine doesn't cut then I need to change my blade or my mat. it can be very frustrating when it doesn't cut. :(

It cut clean through the backing of the sticker paper on double cut so I'm not sure it's the blade. I need to look for some videos troubleshooting but the videos are always the Cameo and my Silhouette is a much older model.

I sometimes yell some not so nice things at my Silhouette. Most of the time we are friends but sometimes things go very badly.

http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/jackolantern?context=latest

This is my take on this challenge.  

I used my eyelet punch and set tools to place the Mickey eyelets that I rarely use because they are tough to set. I actually have to use a metal cutter to help me open them up to set them.  

I also used 2 different stencils with Whipped Spackle (which is new for me) and lots of die cuts (my obsession!) Also, my old Mickey punches that I use often. ;-) All papers are also from my stash.

My husband's name is Jack and he's quite skinny so...well...let's just say he's a good sport. Also, my oldest son told us when he joined the Marine Corps that he wanted to run through the jungle with his hair on fire. This Rock N Roller Coaster hat reminded me of that. ;-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service