DisneyScrappers

Welcome Everyone!!!

Whether you are getting ready for a Disney Park trip, needing to get fit AFTER a Disney trip with that meal plan, or just wanting to get healthy, this is the place!

We all need a bit of encouragement and sometimes need to be held accountable.

Check in here, talk, vent, keep track, whatever helps

Do you have goals? a plan?

a great recipe???

Views: 904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beth, a treadmill is so great when it is 90 outside and boy a tv really makes the time just fly.

Cris I have read the same thing about diet drinks so I switched to soda water and yesterday I saw that there was new study that said that they are bad for dieting because the carbonation or something makes the body  release a hunger hormones, so you feel hungry and the over eat! Hello tap water. Hahaha.

Sally, that is super great about being down 17.5, always a good thing to help motivate one to keep visiting the gym!

LOL I may be heading the same way then but I don't drink much in the way of fizzy drinks anyway (luckily by the sounds of things :) )

I used to drink Coke.  I LOVE IT!!!  I gave it up for Lent 2 years ago and never went back.  Then I started a little with Diet Coke and have been off that since Christmas.  Now, if I feel the need I have a Ginger Ale or Sprite no more than once a week.  I know there is still a lot of sugar in them so I limit myself.  I can't be addicted to those lol.  If I had a coke, I'm afraid I would become addicted again.

Diet drinks are really bad for you, it's something strange like your body thinks it is sugar even though it isn't and you crave sugar more, or something like that! I am really pleased to see more sugar free drinks coming out over here!

Keep going everyone!! I love this motivation!

Sally that is fantastic! I am just about right there with you. I am 18 lbs down.

now you guys have me wanting to eat a big grilled mushroom! This weekend we are having family over for steaks and all kinds of bad foods that I am not going near. I don't like steak at all. So Perry is going to grill some chicken too and I am adding a salad to all of the carbs that I have to make - loaded baked potatoes, corn on the cob, dips and chips, fruit, cheeses, Sangria, and Apple Cake with ice cream. I will not be eating much of anything, just chicken and salad without the carbs so I am putting those on the side . I just can not have it set me back so far.

I had to go to the vet one morning and go shopping this morning so I only have 3 mornings of swimming this week. I am planning to not miss any next week. I was going to start walking a mile a day to see if my foot would let me and then the temps increased and I don't like to get heat rash so I am not going to do that. When I say hot... the weather station we have in the back yard says 101 right now, and it says it feels like 117. I will try to start going to our gym next week.

I just want to chime in here on the soda conversation.  I gave up all sodas in January 2016.  I don't miss them.  I have also read that diet sodas are worse than sugar ones.  But I want to mention that I have a son who recently gave up sodas not so much for his diet but because he has a ton of cavities and the dentist says its due to all the sodas he's drank.  He's run out of his insurance and this will end up costing him a few GRAND!  Sheesh!  So, I'd have to say that neither are good for you.  As dull as it is...water is the best.  You can improve the taste with peppermint leaves or cucumbers, etc.  :)

I mostly drink water. I have minimum 100 ounces per day. My first 25-50 ounces have some sort of citrus oils in them. The rest just plan!
Way to go, Susan!

Yes!  Way to go to all of you who have had weight loss!  That's wonderful!!!  I'm going to wait a bit before I get on the scale again.  I have seen a wee bit of loss since I gave up sugar.  Of course, I had hoped to drop something like 50 pounds over night but that didn't happen.  ;-)  

I am still working out HARD daily and sticking to my 21 day fix diet...I've been doing this for WAY longer than 21 days. More like 21 months....well...close to it.  But since I cut out sugar a month ago, my hunger drive is less intense and even non existent at times.  I get full on foods faster and I'm able to stay faithful for the first time EVER on my diet.  So that's a good thing.  I will keep on keeping on!  

Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my blood transfusion.  I thought I was going through menopause but actually, my uterus was in full failure and I was hemorrhaging.  When I had to take a little nap half way up the stairs from the first to 2nd floor of my home, I knew I was in trouble.  Seems I was a half tank low.  My husband came home from work when I told him and took me straight to the hospital where they poked and prodded me all night long...and filled up my tank. ;-)   A week later I had a hysterectomy.  After all that my doctor sat at the foot of my bed and said we had to talk about my weight.  My surgery took almost twice as long as normal because there was just so much FAT in the way.  She had a good look at all my organs and she said it was surprising how very healthy they were even though they were surrounded by way too much FAT.  She put me on a diet.  I have fine tuned that diet over these 7 years.  I have been working toward an EAT CLEAN vegetarian diet.  I lost 55 pounds in about 18 months or so but then got discouraged and gained 35 pounds back.  (WHY?  WHY? WHY?)  In December 2015, I got all disgusted with myself and with the help of 2 of my cousins, I have gotten back on track.  I've learned a lot about me and my body along the way.  So right now, I am 46 pounds down from that pre-hystorectomy weight.  That's 26 pounds since December 2015.  :)  My cousins focus more on the process rather than the pounds loss since that changes with muscle mass gain, etc.   I've seen a lot of positive changes in my body in the past year and a half.  I plan on sticking with exercising daily and eating clean for the rest of my life.  

That is fantastic, Wendy! You are an inspiration. I am glad you enjoy the whole thing in some small way too.

I went to water class this morning and pushed myself since I hadn't been tuesday and thursday. Then after class I kept my swimsuit on and drenched myself in deep woods off, sprayed half a can of raid yard guard around where I was planning to make a new flower bed and spent 2 hours out there digging moving plants, planting things, and hauling landscaping bricks around. Felt like a workout to me! It wouldn't have felt that way so much a month or 2 ago but when its mid 90s, that is some work, especially after water class. I actually made a little circle of bricks around a tiny fig tree and a lime bush too just to make them easier to water - the water was all running off. Anyway, I feel so worn out now and rather than napping because I have things to do, I am having some iced coffee to wake up a bit. LOL! not the healthiest but I want to get things done so I can have some scrappy time

Thank you!!!  I do enjoy the process.  In my mind...I have to enjoy it or I will stop.  And I can't stop!  Not if I want to keep walking Disney. ..without pain or a scooter.   That's the goal.  And play with my grandsons.  ;-)  Another important goal.  But Walking Disney is the #1 goal!!!  That goal helps me support a healthy lifestyle.  ;-)  Gotta love that MOUSE!  

I also feel anything physical we do like yard work counts as a workout.  I have gotten a good workout at work going up and down ladders and tons of walking.  Some days I'm thoroughly worn out from the towel room.  I even have the sore muscles to prove it.  ;-)  

Our treadmill arrived last week. Nik & his cousin set it up in the basement on Saturday night. I finally used it today. I think I'm going to like it! It's a much better workout than just walking outside AND it has built in speakers so I can connect my tablet to it & watch t.v. shows or movies to make the time go by faster.

The 3 of us have been really good with our diets & walking. We went to the 30 day memorial service for Nik's Tetka (Aunt) on Saturday & there was a luncheon afterwards. I did eat a piece of fried cod, but I ate salad & veggies, but I avoided any deserts which was really difficult! We are also still soda free! It's so much easier when the entire family is eating healthier. It's a lot tougher for me when I have to watch everyone else around me eating my favorite foods. Nik & Danica are doing a great job. I'm especially proud of Danica for making the changes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Disney Scrappers is a small group of people who share a passion for all things Disney and the scrapbooking and paper crafting that it inspires. 

We have a fantastic gallery of Disney layouts, so stop by and get inspired - leave a comment or two if you have time. We would love for you to share your Disney layouts here as well. We also enjoy talking about Disney parks, music, rides, attractions, and scrapbooking, so please visit the forum and say hello!

We thank you for your interest in Disney Scrappers and hope you’ll join us for continued magical inspiration!

© 2017   Created by susan stringfellow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service